My Studio

My Studio
My favorite room

Monday, July 18, 2011

A stitch in time... A Neopolitan quilt....

 The beginning of the sweet creation... I only had a few colors to go by for this quilt. I made this quilt for my dear friend Steve who so graciously asked me about designing a quilt for his family member... I love these cotton fabrics they are so pretty... 


  The next step in the process of this sweet quilt is laying it out and piecing it together .. What Fun to see this transition of color come together.
another view of this sweet quilt, reminds me of the Neopolitan ice cream.  I see Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry....

 all the layers of flavors together and on the machine to be married together... with batting and backing...


 all dressed up ! 

I really loved doing this quilt for my friend Steve. I know he is really picky, SSHHHHH don't say that I said anything... I ended up doing three (3) quilts for him.  They all turned out fantastic he picked the colors, and the style and then let me do my art. Thank you again Steve this was a lot of fun! I hope your family enjoys them for many years to come..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment